The education system has transformed considerably over the past few years. From the traditional form of offline classes, the apparatus has completely changed to online mode where computer/mobile phones and the internet experience dominance. As a result, the cardinal status provided for handwriting is rapidly decreasing these days. These days, many people consider computers as the primary source of writing. From their point of view, teaching cursive writing is considered unnecessary and a waste of time for children.
Rather than handwriting exercises, many schools and administrators opt to teach keyboard skills to improve the overall academic performance of kids. Contrastingly, there is a large group of parents and teachers who still believe that exercising cursive alphabet and handwriting techniques is crucial for children. Practising handwriting exercises on a daily basis will help them improve their muscle strength and support their motor skills. As a result, they ardently claim handwriting exercises are not to be dismissed rapidly. To make them enjoy the process of practising handwriting, there are numerous exercises available on the internet. Parents and teachers can easily download any of those exercises to make them enhance the visual quality and exactness of words.
Reasons to Learn Cursive Writing
Good handwriting is an indispensable life skill. The ability to master quality writing skills will help children to boost their confidence to express their thoughts and ideas through wording. There are numerous reasons why cursive handwriting is considered crucial in learning. More than the visual quality, it offers psychological, social, physical, and practical benefits. With the list given below, children can easily realise the benefits that they enjoy by practising cursive capital letters and small letters on a regular basis.
- Practising cursive writing improves the handwriting skills of children. Cursive handwriting is considered one of the best types of handwriting because of its beauty and precision.
- Cursive writing develops motor skills in children. Working on cursive capital letters and small letters exercises will strengthen kids’ muscles and improve their hand-eye coordination. Apart from favouring handwriting, improving hand-eye coordination will benefit children in multiple ways.
- Cursive writing increases the speed and flow of handwriting. Since speed is very important to perform well in exams, practising cursive writing from a young age is undoubtedly beneficial.
- Exercising cursive handwriting will make children confident when writing legal documents. Learning to deal systematically with the official documents from a young age will ease the legal documentation procedures that kids have to encounter in their future. As cursive writing is widely considered the standard style of writing and signing cheques, exercising it will help them to set a unique signature.
- Handwriting exercises simplify the process of learning. Kids can more easily grasp a concept when they write than they type on keyboards . Practising cursive writing exercises brings more clarity to their learning and helps them understand how each alphabet is unique from the others.
Imagine a situation where handwriting courses are eliminated from the curriculum. Children will then miss all these benefits of learning cursive writing. To avoid such a predicament, let us support cursive writing exercises to master our children in handwriting. Like the words said by the famous American poet Natalie Goldberg – “Handwriting is more connected to the movement of the heart.”, let us teach them to express words from their hearts through cursive writing. For more such kid-friendly topics, stories, and worksheets, visit BYJU’S website.